AncestryInsight

Discover your past!

Surnames beginning with G-H-I

Robert Leo Hall Obituary

Unread postby diggin4Days » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Robert L. "Bob" Hall

Dec. 30, 1923 - Oct. 18, 2001

Robert L. "Bob" Hall, 77, Grand Rapids, died Thursday Oct. 18, 2001 at his home from colon cancer.

He was born Dec. 30, 1923, to Joseph and Grace Hall of Warba. He grew up in Warba and attended school in Warba and Grand Rapids. In September, 1943, he joined the Army Air Corps an served on B-24 bombers as a radio operator and gunner until March 1946. While in the service he attended Michigan State University. He met Dorothy Whitener at a USO dance and they were married Jan. 26, 1946 in Fort Worth, Texas. Following his discharge, he moved to Warba and worked as a station agent and telegraph operator for the Great Northern Railroad for 22 years. During this time, he also repaired radios and televisions in the area and served as mayor of Warba for 10 years. In 1960, he returned to college, attended Itasca Community College and the University of Minnesota, Duluth and graduated with an English major and master's degree in literature. He moved to Grand Rapids in 1964 and taught a short time at Grand Rapids Middle School and High School. He then taught English at Itasca Community College for 21 years, retiring in 1987.

Grand Rapids Herald Review Sunday 21 Oct 2001
I'm only human, if you find mistakes feel free to correct me
diggin4Days

Return to G-H-I